First look for an answer in the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
General questions about the TEAM: Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment Module
- What is the TEAM: Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment Module?
- TEAM is a guided multisource feedback assessment that allows residents and fellows to assess themselves on their interprofessional teamwork abilities, get feedback from the other health care professionals with whom they work, and develop an improvement plan.
- What is interprofessional teamwork?
- Interprofessional teamwork refers to the ways in which care providers from diverse health professions work together to care for patients. In some settings, these providers work together on organized teams. In others, providers need to be able to "team-up" flexibly around patients.
Questions for residents and fellows doing the TEAM: Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment Module
- How do I choose someone to analyze my feedback with me?
- You should choose someone who you see as a trusted mentor or coach—someone who is familiar with your work in the education program. If you choose, you can look at the feedback with more than one person, including those who rated you.
- Why do I need to look at my feedback with someone else?
- Experts in multisource feedback agree it is hard to accurately analyze feedback on one’s own performance. This is why you are required to analyze the data with at least one trusted mentor or coach who is familiar with your work and your education program.
- I received better (or worse) feedback than I expected. What does this mean?
- The TEAM: Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment Module is designed for raters to give feedback on their experiences caring for patients with you. Use the feedback to help understand how to improve your own teamwork, or to maintain and build on what you already do well. Click here for a guide on how to analyze rater feedback gathered using TEAM.
Questions for Raters
- I have been asked to assess a resident or fellow– what do I need to do?
- All you have to do is to rate how well they work with you when you care for patients together. The survey consists of 32-33 items about the resident or fellow. If you want, you can give the resident or fellow written feedback in addition to their scores.
- Will the resident or fellow know if I decline their invitation?
- No. The resident or fellow will only see a count of how many of their raters have completed the survey, and how many have declined.
- How long does assessing someone with the Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment survey take?
- You can complete the survey in as little as 10-15 minutes, or more if you want to provide extensive written feedback. Please keep in mind that you will need to complete the survey in one sitting, so set aside as much time as you will need.
- If I fill out the survey, what happens to the scores?
- TEAM will automatically combine the scores from all the raters and provide them to the resident or fellow in an aggregate feedback report.
- If I write something in the free-text boxes, what happens to my comments?
- TEAM will provide all the comments to the resident or fellow exactly as written. The module will not add any identifying information. However, nothing you write will be edited. Please do not write anything that someone could use to identify you – unless you want to.
- Who gets to see the scores and comments?
- When the appropriate number of raters have completed the Teamwork Effectiveness Assessment, the module will provide the scores and comments to the resident or fellow in a feedback report. The results will also be available to the program director for consideration at the clinical competency committee meeting. The resident or fellow must then select at least one other person with whom to review the feedback. They may decide to share their feedback with more than one person, or even with their entire team. TEAM will not send the feedback to anyone else.
- Someone has asked me to help them review their feedback report. What should I do?
- Use our Guide to analyze the data from the feedback report.
to the TEAM Assessment
To get started with your assessment, click the Register Now button.Register Now
Ready to use TEAM Assessment with your program?Program Directors